Artificial Grass Cost: What Do You Need to Know?
Posted on November 8, 2017 by Lion Lawns
What many people may be dubious about when it comes to artificial grass is… is it a journey into the unknown? Many simply don’t know enough about the product enough to be able to make a purchasing decision. So that is where we come in. At Lion Lawns we aim to give you every piece of information so that you know if it will benefit you or not. And the theme we are going for today, is artificial grass cost.
Maybe you are reading this because you simply have no idea how much an artificial grass lawn will cost, or perhaps you do have an idea but are open to ways in which you can reduce your cost. Either way, you are in the right place. So, without further ado… let’s begin…
What are the factors that need to be taken into consideration?
- The size of the garden. Often across the industry, artificial grass comes on standard 4 metre widths which means that if your garden measures 7m x 3m you could be paying for an awful lot of offcut which may be unnecessary. Think of ways in which you can reduce this, adding a flower border could help.
- The shape of the garden- although circular gardens look phenomenal when they are finished, if you are aiming to reduce the cost we suggest a different shape. Circles tend to waste artificial grass as well and very often need to be in one piece with no joins.
- There are often three different grades of artificial grass- Top spec, middle spec and lower spec. Price influences this so don’t be swayed by the luscious blades of grass if you are on a budget.
- Access to your garden- if your garden is difficult to access, this could add considerable time onto your installation which could increase the installation cost. Plan a route that the installers can take and communicate this to the team.
- Don’t be fooled in installation- An installation cost could be more than what you anticipated but if you decide to fit it yourself, make sure you know what you are doing. Often, Lion Lawns are called to the seen to rectify jobs that have been made a shamble of and this can cause more hassle than enough. If you aren’t sure, pick an installer!
- Think of the long-term cost- if you are still thinking it is a little more than you are willing to pay, we ask you to think about the upkeep of your natural grass and how much you pay every year to try and salvage the lawn.
Of course, every garden is different. For bespoke information and a free quote, contact the Lion Lawns team today on 01642 713 555